If you have not yet experienced a winter assignment in the Northeast, now is the perfect time to plan your getaway to New Hampshire. Especially now that New Hampshire is part of the PT Compact, there are opportunities galore for physical therapists in this winter wonderland as well as other healthcare professionals. Let’s take a look at why New Hampshire is the perfect spot for a winter assignment.
- White Mountain National Forest. Sure, Colorado gets a lot of publicity for its breathtaking views, but the White Mountain National Forest holds a candle to no other place in the United States. From stunning, snow-covered peaks to crystal clear lakes and streams, this national treasure contains 148,000 acres and year-round activities to enjoy. No matter what your sport, Skiing, Snowboarding, Sledding, Snowmobiling, or Snowshoeing. You will find it amongst the pristine Alpine Peaks of the White Mountain range.
- Shopping in North Conway. If shopping is more your speed, you will want to discover the town of North Conway, a small community in the shadows of the White Mountains. From the 80 tax-free outlet stores of Settlers Green to the charmingly festive Christmas Loft, you will keep coming back for the great deals, cozy cafés, and friendly people.
- Nestlenook Farms. Have you always wanted to experience a magical, New England winter wonderland? Nestlenook Farms is your destination for winter fun and frivolity. From the ice skating rink, replete with mystical chimes twinkling in the breeze to the steaming hot cocoa, and a horse-drawn sleigh ride around the farm, you will think you are living in a Hallmark card or a beautiful snow globe.
- Bear Mountain Lodge. There is no other way to describe one of the top-rated bed and breakfasts in the United States than stunning. The award-winning Bear Mountain Lodge is an incredible, hand-crafted log cabin with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the snow-covered, White Mountains. Guided snowshoe tours outdoor fire pits, in addition to in-room Jacuzzi’s, on-site steam rooms, and massive fireplaces all contribute to the ambiance of an amazing mountain getaway.
- Gunstock Mountain Resort. Can you imagine Disneyland in the mountains? If you visit Gunstock Mountain Resort you don’t have to imagine it, you can experience it! Consider the Mountain Coaster, and find yourself chugging slowly up the mountain in a two-person rail car. Seeing the beauty of the winter forest before being disengaged, with your rail car racing down the 4,000-foot mountain tracks with sweeping turns, rolling drops, and banked corners. You get to control your speed with the onboard braking system, or you can let gravity take over and accelerate at breathtaking speeds.
New Hampshire is an outdoor lover’s paradise any time of the year. From sleepy towns to hip cities and cultural areas, visitors to the Granite State will enjoy the burgeoning craft beer scene, eclectic coffee shops, restaurants, and more. Contact a Supplemental Health Care recruitment professional today and find out about the winter magic that awaits you in New Hampshire.