The "Show Me" State is a great place for travel nurses! Not only is Missouri centrally located, making it easy to explore other states, but it is also home to a variety of tourist attractions, such as the Gateway Arch in St. Louis and the Kansas City Zoo. From bustling cities to the beautiful Ozarks, Missouri is a diverse and exciting state. No matter what you are passionate about, Missouri has a lot to offer on your travel nursing assignment.
Top Hospitals and Healthcare Systems
In addition to beautiful attractions, Missouri is home to several top hospitals and healthcare systems, so you'll have plenty of options for finding the perfect assignment.
Travel nurses in Missouri have the opportunity to work in a variety of settings, from small rural hospitals to large urban medical centers. In addition, Missouri is home to some of the nation's top nursing programs, making it a great place to further your education while working as a travel nurse.
Cost of Living
Are you hoping to save money on your next assignment? Then Missouri is the state for you! Not only is Missouri centrally located to many other fascinating locations, but the cost of living is also lower than the national average. That means you can enjoy all the benefits of staying in this great state and have extra money for activities and travel.
Nursing Licensure Compact
In addition to its prime location, and a vast variety of settings, Missouri is a Compact state in the eNLC. Compact states have an agreement that allows nurses to have one compact state nursing license giving them the ability to practice in other states that are part of the agreement. If you have a compact state nursing license you can practically pack your bags tomorrow!
Best Travel Destinations in Missouri
Missouri is a beautiful state with so much to offer travel nurses. The landscape is diverse, from the Ozarks in the southwest to the Mississippi River in the southeast. Travel nurses can enjoy all Missouri has to offer while making a difference in the lives of patients. Work/life balance is important for mental health, especially when choosing your next nursing assignment.
A few of the best locations for travel nurses are:
- If you enjoy good barbecue, Kansas City is the perfect place for your next assignment. Known as the “Barbecue Capital” you won’t run out of delicious cuisine to taste. In addition to a great meal, Kansas City is home to several museums, art galleries, and even Legoland.
- St. Louis is Missouri’s second-largest city known for steamboats, the Gateway Arch, sports, beer and it’s music scene. This city has eclectic attractions for all ages. Spend a day at the Missouri Botanical Garden, or take the whole family to City Museum, which is less of a museum and more of a giant playground.
- Springfield is officially recognized as the birthplace of Route 66. So, if you are looking for adventure, this is the perfect place to start. Known as the “Queen City” of the Ozarks, Springfield has its big-city attractions and small-town charm. It has become a central shopping and entertainment hub for the smaller surrounding communities.
- Columbia is Missouri’s fastest growing city. It is a college town, with a reputation for progressive politics, persuasive journalism, and public art. It is an ideal town to explore on foot. As an added bonus, it’s also only a few minutes away from Rock Bridge Memorial State Park, perfect for hiking and biking.
- If history, especially Civil War era, is fascinating to you, Lee’s Summit is where you need to be. Named after a local doctor, (what better location for a healthcare professional) and the highest elevation on the Missouri Pacific Railroad between St. Louis and Kansas City. This medium size city could be the perfect spot for your next assignment.
- St. Joseph is known as the place where the Pony Express started. It’s also famous for amazing architecture, twelve annual festivals, and thirteen distinct area museums. The city is a haven for outdoor recreations, including outdoor concerts, the 26-mile scenic parkway, and almost fifty parks.
Lake of the Ozarks
- This is more of a stunning area than a city but it is absolutely worth a visit. Lake of the Ozarks is a reservoir created by impounding the Osage River in the northern part of the Ozarks in central Missouri. The lake has a surface area of 54,000 acres and 1,150 miles of shoreline. This area gives you endless outdoor adventures.
Travel Nursing Jobs in Missouri
Missouri is a great state for travel nurses who want to explore and make a difference. So, whether you're looking for an exciting adventure or a chance to advance your career, Missouri is the perfect place for you! We’re ready to get started if you are.