The state of Arizona was an original nurse compact state making their adoption of the enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact in January of this year more of a formality than a surprise. Have you ever taken a travel assignment in Arizona? If not, then it is time to tell your recruiter that you are ready to experience “The Grand Canyon State.” During your 13-weeks in Arizona, you will be struck by the natural beauty all around you. Here are five things you should plan on experiencing during your assignment.
- Obviously, when the nickname is “The Grand Canyon State,” you have to plan an excursion to see one of the seven natural wonders of the world! The Grand Canyon offers breathtaking scenic views and a variety of ways to experience your surroundings. Take a trip on horseback to the bottom of the gorge, or brave the Grand Canyon Skywalk, a glass walkway that stretches out from the canyon edge providing a clear view of the Colorado River below you.
- Petrified Forest National Park is a weekend trip you will never forget. While there you can explore Native American ruins, ancient petroglyphs, and the stunning Painted Desert. There are backcountry hikes, guided tours, and an added bonus is that the park is pet-friendly for your favorite companion.
- Do you fancy yourself as an amateur ghost hunter? If you aren’t faint of heart, then you should plan a visit to the city of Jerome. Once a bustling copper mining community, Jerome was known as the wickedest town in the west. When the last copper mine closed in 1953, the town fell into disrepair. Today, Jerome is thriving again as a magnet for ghost hunters. Many of the old buildings are still standing and are said to have otherworldly occupants. Jerome is also home to a very vibrant artist’s community.
- Have you ever wanted to see the London Bridge? Well, you can during your assignment in Arizona. The resort community of Lake Havasu City purchased the London Bridge and had it shipped over from the U.K. to span their man-made lake. While there, you can also enjoy all of the outdoor activities you can fit into your time off. With 300 days of sunshine per year, Lake Havasu City is a haven for hiking, biking, boating, fishing, golf, and so much more.
- If you are looking for an adventure that is a little out of the way and far less crowded than many of the other Arizona destinations, find your way to Red Rock State Park. Just outside of the city of Sedona, this incredible park features stunning views and voluminous petroglyphs. There are daily guided nature hikes and bi-weekly bird walks, and even occasional moonlight hikes. The winding trails throughout the park feature lush green meadows and vegetation along the banks of Oak Creek with the stunning walls of red rock reaching up into the blue skies above.
Anytime is a great time to visit the colorful state of Arizona, now is even better because of the variety of assignment options throughout the state. You can easily check out what is available using Supplemental Health Care’s powerful search tool here. Or, contact one of our recruiting professionals and express your interest today!