Share the Care is Supplemental Health Care’s referral program that pays you to help us build our team of healthcare professionals.
Our Share the Care referral program provides two payment options for the referral of health care professionals to Supplemental Health Care:
- Monthly Payment Program: this payment option pays qualifying individuals one dollar ($1.00) per hour for each regular or overtime hour that the person referred works for Supplemental Health Care each month
- One-time Lump Sum Payment: this payment option pays a pre-defined flat sum payment to the referring individual once the referred person has reached the established hours worked requirement
- Supplemental Health Care office staff and family members of Supplemental Health Care office staff are not eligible for Share the Care bonuses or payments.
Individuals employed at SHC's client facilities, who are directly involved in hiring SHC contract employees, do not qualify for Share the Care referral bonuses for placements at their facility, as this may be deemed a conflict of interest and/or be prohibited by their organization's monetary gift policies.
A referral is not complete until SHC documents the name and contact information for both the referred candidate and the referrer. This information must be documented within 72 hours of the referral initiation to qualify for the bonus program.
- Referral payments will only be offered for referrals of individuals who have never worked for any division of Supplemental Health Care.
- If an individual is referred to any division of Supplemental Health Care, that person cannot be referred again for a period of 6 months.
- You have a payment choice for each individual you refer; however, once selected, you cannot change your payment option for an individual.
- There is no limit on the number of people you can refer.
- You can refer individuals of any specialty to any division of Supplemental Health Care with the exception of Independent Contractors.
- There is no guarantee that the people you refer will be employed by us, as all hiring and placement decisions are at the sole discretion of Supplemental Health Care.
- Federal, state, and local taxes (as applicable) will be deducted from the Share the Care payment if you’re an employee.
- In order for non-employees to receive payment, they must submit a W-9 at the time the referral is made and will receive a Form 1099, reporting the referral payment as income, at the end of the year.
Monthly Payment Program
To be, and remain, eligible for our Monthly Payment Program, you must:
- Have worked at least one shift in the past forty-five (45) days through any Supplemental Health Care division
- Have current and correct contact information on file with us
- Be in good standing with Supplemental Health Care
- Should you become ineligible, you must work at least one shift prior to being ineligible for 365 days to re-establish eligibility; once you are again eligible you will begin receiving monthly payments for any referrals still active with us.
- Should you remain ineligible for 365 days without regaining eligibility, you forfeit all claims for monthly payments from any referrals still active with us.
- For referred individuals who start on or after October 1, 2008, monthly payments are one dollar ($1.00) per hour for every regular and overtime hour worked by the person referred, regardless of skillset.
- For referred individuals who started on or before September 30, 2008, monthly payments are seventy-five cents ($0.75) per hour for every regular and overtime hour worked by the person referred, regardless of skillset.
- There is no limit on the number of hours for which you can be paid.
- You will receive payments each month that the person(s) you referred works for Supplemental Health Care, so long as you remain eligible for the program.
- Should any person you refer take a break from employment with us, payments will begin again once they start back to work with us, so long as you remain eligible for the program.
- Monthly payments are not made on PTO, on-call, or guaranteed hours.
- Supplemental Health Care has the right to change or end the monthly payment option at any time.
- In special circumstances, such as an employee being called into active military duty, Supplemental Health Care reserves the right to waive or extend the 45-day rule as deemed appropriate.
One-time Lump Sum Payment Program
- All non-employees and active, past, and prospective employees who qualify under the program overview stated above are eligible for one-time payments. One-time payment amounts and hours worked requirements may vary. Ask your recruiter for more information.
- Supplemental Health Care has the right to change or end the one-time payment option at any time.