Ever since 1993, the American Nurses Association has promoted May 6th through May 12th as a nationwide celebration of America’s 4 million registered nurses. National Nurses Week is a time for all of us – individuals, employers, healthcare professionals, and community leaders to take time and recognize the compassion, professionalism, skill, and positive impact that nurses have on our lives.
National Nurses Week is always full of special recognition events, social media contests, and other fun activities to thank nurses for the amazing work they do. Also, on Wednesday, May 8th at 1:00 p.m., the ANA is hosting a free webinar Nurses4Us: Elevating the Profession! Be sure to register here and your participation will earn you 1.0 CNE contact hour!
During Nurses Week, and in some cases throughout May, organizations all over America provide special discounts and offers available to nursing professionals. Each year the list of participating companies grows. Let’s take a look at where you can get the best Nurses Week discounts this year!
National Nurses Week Offers and Discounts
- Amazon: There are several free kindle nursing books found here.
- Applebee’s: Call your local Applebee’s to find out the specials being offered during Nurses Week!
- Buca di Beppo: Nurses with a valid ID will receive a free meal at participating locations!
- Calzuro.com: Use Code NNNURSEWEEK19 and receive $8 off a shoe order.
- Chick-fil-A: Check with your nearby Chick-fil-A and ask about the freebies they will have available during Nurses Week 2019. Restaurant offers may vary by location.
- Cinnabon: During Nurses Week, show your name badge and get a free cinnamon MiniBon or a 4-count BonBites.
- Culver’s: Do you have a Culver’s location near you? Most locations are offering specials throughout the week for nurses who bring in their valid ID.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Participating locations are offering a free 16 oz. Dunkin’ Dark Roast iced coffee May 6th through May 12th between 4 p.m. and 10 p.m. with a valid ID.
- Easy Spirit: Use code NURSESWEEK30 during May and receive 30% off your purchase at EasySpirit.com.
- Einstein Bro’s Bagels: Wear your scrubs or bring your ID badge on May 11th and receive a free Espresso Buzz Bagel and Shmear.
- Eko Health: From May 1st to May 12th, use Code NURSES to receive 25% off a CORE Digital Stethoscope, CORE Digital Attachment, and DUO ECG + Digital Stethoscope.
- Elsevier: Use promo code 92635, for 30% off nursing and medical reference texts.
- Freebirds World Burrito: On May 6th, bring your valid ID and receive a free burrito with the purchase of an adult-sized entrée.
- Jimboy’s Tacos: If you are near one of their California locations, show your Nurses ID during Nurses Week and get a Buy One Get One Free Ground Beef Taco.
- PDQ: On May 8th, Nurses receive 50% off their total check with a valid ID.
- Potbelly Sandwich Shop: During Nurses Week, bring your nurse’s ID or wear your scrubs and receive a free fountain drink or cookie with a sandwich purchase.
- Sleep Number Beds: With a valid license, Nurses receive 25% off a purchase.
- Uniform Advantage: Use code SAVE to receive 20% off clogs, athletic wear, and shoes.
A heartfelt thank you to all of the nurses who spend their careers providing skillful, compassionate care to their patients. During Nurses Week and always, we are thankful for all that you do in service to others.
If your workplace is celebrating with special Nurses Week activities, we want to share in the fun! Tell us about the festivities in the comment section below, or chime in on our Facebook page.
View this post on Instagram
Happy Nurses Week! @ilapanthi loves being a nurse because she's able to save lives and help people during difficult times. Thanks for all that you do for your patients, Ila! We're lucky to have you on the #shccares team. . . . #nursesweek #nurselife #nursesrock #nursesofinstagram #nurselife #registerednurse #rn #nurse #nursing #lpn #lpnlife #nursinglife #rnlife #registerednurses #registerednurselife #registerednursesofinstagram #registerednurses #nursesrockoursocks #nursesweek2019 #nationalnursesweek
A post shared by Supplemental Health Care (@shccares) on