For the past twenty years, the month of September has been recognized as Healthy Aging® Month, an annual occurrence to raise awareness about the positive aspects of growing older. As the numbers of people age 45 and older grows every year, the focus of September’s Healthy Aging® Month is to inspire these adults to improve their overall health and well-being. Healthy aging includes more than just one’s physical wellness; rather it also encompasses a healthy mental, social, and financial state.
As summer winds down, September is the perfect time to take stock of your life and the direction it has taken. Are there goals that you have set for yourself that need a jumpstart to get back on track? Is there a new sport or social club that you are interested in checking out? Take advantage of Healthy Aging® Month to make those decisions and plan your actions accordingly.
Tips For Healthy Aging® Month:
1. Start an Exercise Routine
2. Take a Class or Volunteer
3. Add Fiber to your Diet for Digestive and Heart Health
4. Try Cooking with New Herbs and Spices
5. Improve Your Balance and Agility through Yoga or Tai Chi
6. Start Daily Walks to boost your Heart and Lungs
7. Actively Exercise Your Memory through Games and Puzzles
It’s never too late to take a proactive, positive approach to aging. This September, make it a priority to plan your approach and take the necessary steps toward creating and maintaining a healthy, vibrant lifestyle.